What is it?
Geo-Fencing sends a message to consumers’ mobile devices once they enter a predefined geographic area, whether it’s around your business, near a related venue or even at a competitor’s location. When a prospect enters the chosen perimeter, businesses can deliver promotions, advertisements, coupons, and more to mobile phones. By creating a geographic “fence” around the prospect’s mobile device, you ensure that your message is in the front of their mind whenever they’re in the area.
How does it work?
LNP Media Group helps you create mobile ads and messages, and then we identify which geographies should be targeted for best results. You’ll want to target a number of locations to ensure you reach a critical mass of customers. Then we turn it on and messages are triggered once prospects enter the fenced areas. The messages appear on a host of websites or mobile apps on the user’s mobile phones.
What are the benefits?
You’ll be able to reach on-the-go consumers who are physically near your business, or your competitors’ businesses, even if they don’t live or work near you. Geo-fencing allows you to attract new consumers by showing them special offers at the right time, in the right place. Geo-fencing also allows you to weed out less interested consumers and engage the most relevant local shoppers.
Not sure how Geo-fencing will help your business? Here are a few ideas to try.
- Geo-fence customers when they’re near your business to remind them of rewards or send them a special offer.
- Consider sending them a survey when they leave your business, asking them how their experience was.
- Geo-fence around your biggest competitor and nearby locations. Advertise before they enter a competitor’s location.
- Geo-fence around event venues. Send sponsor deals and promotions to customers that will be attending events.
- Geo-fence real estate. Companies can form a geo-fence around neighborhoods with several listings. When a potential buyer enters the targeted area, they get a notification of the available listings while they are in the neighborhood.
- Geo-fence hotels, airports and train stations to trigger last minute travel deals to users arriving to the designated area.
Contact us and let’s develop a plan that reaches your prospects with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.