Bars and nightclubs require a slightly different marketing approach than other types of businesses. When it comes to marketing and advertising, bars and nightclubs need more of a social approach. Luckily, there are a number of digital marketing approaches you can take to attract more customers to your business.
Email is a very dependable way to get your message in front of people and build trust with an audience and readers. Email gives you the opportunity to connect with people on a regular basis who have chosen to receive your emails, allowing you to let them know about specials and promotions that might entice them to visit your business again:
- A strong email campaign isn’t complete without an email list. During promotions, contests, etc. take the opportunity to ask your guests for their email addresses.
- Once an email list is gathered, you’ll want to be sure your email content has a purpose and a direct call-to-action. Don’t send out the same email over and over, make each one unique with an exciting purpose.
- Don’t bombard your customer’s inboxes with your emails. Only send emails as frequently as you need to, otherwise they will get lost in the shuffle. Short and concise subject lines lead to more opens than long, busy subject lines
In today’s world, it’s rare to see somebody walking around without a cell phone in their hands. The power it brings not only affects us humans, but also businesses. Mobile phones have allowed this new age of marketing to come to life:
- Text messages have a 98% open rate and are often read within 10 minutes, which makes this digital marketing initiative an extremely effective channel.
- By tactically planning the timing of text message campaigns, bars and nightclubs can reach customers when they are more likely to stop in, resulting in an increase in sales.
- Customer loyalty can be achieved through special offers, discounts, happy hour promotions, event notifications, contests, entertainment announcements, and more.
Social Media Marketing
Social media is made up of different forms of communication, entertainment, marketing and networking, making it particularly beneficial when it comes to promoting your bar or nightclub:
- Social media can do a number of things for your business; improve brand awareness, increase traffic from new customers, grow sales, enhance customer interaction, and give customers the ability to write reviews about their experience.
- Bar-goers are social people, and this method helps you meet your audience where they are most comfortable.
While there are a number of different social media platforms, it’s important to determine which is best for your type of business and where your audience spends most of their time. Using a platform such as Facebook allows you to boost posts to a specific targeted demographic, ensuring you reach only your intended audience. Twitter is an effective marketing tool for bars and nightclubs because tweets get read and shared at an impressive rate and is also used a lot on mobile. And, Snapchat allows you to reach a younger audience of 21 to 24 year olds.
If you would like to talk about more digital marketing ideas for your bar or nightclub, contact us. Our nightlife marketing team can help determine the best efforts for your business.
LNP Media Group is committed to delivering exceptional experiences to our audiences, our customers, our vendors and our employees throughout Lancaster County and Central Pennsylvania. We provide value to our marketing and advertising partners by building effective and innovative solutions and by delivering exemplary customer experiences.