Whether you’re the professor or a student at a college, you understand that higher education is constantly facing changes. One of the biggest challenges higher education has to take on is the way it reaches potential students. Through today’s technology and available digital marketing initiatives, there are various ways to reach your target audience. Whether you want to increase lead generation through inquiries, on-campus visits, or applications, there’s a digital marketing strategy to do so.
- Both display and text ads will retarget previous website visitors with ads that include calls-to-action encouraging them to revisit and reengage with your website.
- If a website visitor has already filled out a contact form on your website, they are already in your system and considered a lead. If this is the case, the remarketing message will vary from the message a first time website visitor will receive.
- To convert the lead, the call-to-action can be designed to encourage an application submission or a campus visit
Social media is especially crucial for lead generation:
- According to a research survey, 30% of incoming high school seniors reported that they researched their prospected colleges on a social media site, with Instagram accounting for 82% of connections to students. Parents were more likely to be reached through Facebook.
- Targeted ads can be customized based on demographic and psychographic data of social media users.
- Ads can promote content that will inform and engage your target audience or they can also be an ad for the school itself or something especially relevant to the school.
Email marketing is one of the most affordable ways to increase your leads:
- An email campaign can be started by encouraging potential students to sign up on your website to receive email updates. A follow up email can then be sent based on their targeted interests.
- Interests can be determined by digging into what students were looking at on your website, such as certain programs, extra-curricular activities, etc. As the leads come in, that will provide you the opportunity to roll out emails encouraging them to submit an application.
Contact us to learn more about college marketing opportunities that are available to help your college or university.