Rethink digital to attract more buyers and sellers.
Real estate professionals are busy people. Between prospecting, open houses, working through negotiations, and constantly moving housing inventory, it can be difficult to find time to get it all done.
Realtors need marketing to make their jobs easier, more efficient, and more profitable. Keeping up with changes in digital marketing tactics, however, can turn into a job all its own. While every real estate professional has different needs and considerations, here are a few tips to help your business stay ahead of the digital marketing curve:
1. Target Millenials
Millennials are emerging as a dominant force in real estate:
- Millennials accounted for 46% of home sales in 2019.
- Buyers between ages 25 and 34 will continue to move the market with a heavy emphasis on first-time buyers.
- It’s no surprise that younger consumers expect digital marketing, digital communications and mobile-friendly communications. Think about investing in a targeted paid search campaign, as well as geofenced mobile ads to drive traffic to open houses.
As first time homebuyers, Millennials will also invest in a much longer consideration window. They want time to shop, compare and see what they can get for their money. So don’t skimp on listings, like the Parade of Homes and weekly property listings online and in print.
2. Don’t cheat on SEO
It’s easy to rewrite the same webpage of copy several different ways, tweaking a few words here and there for search engine optimization (SEO) purposes. However, Google created an algorithm to crack down on these “doorway” pages and penalize sites that they feel fail to add sufficient value. This means that every page needs to have a specific purpose and should provide unique information and focus.
3. Recognize that email is alive and well
If you thought that email is an outdated way to reach your best prospects, think again:
- About 90% of Millennialsreport that they use email throughout the day, so make sure it’s part of your digital marketing plan.
- You’ll get the best results when your emails are customized to meet the expectations of emails users. Recipients skim through content quickly and are more likely to report spam than ever, so make sure your email program is relevant and effective.
- Consider hiring an email expert to help you develop and execute a customized email program. You’ll get more qualified leads when you know how to send the right messages, to the right people, at the right time.
Implementing these changes into your digital marketing plan may take a little more time upfront, but the payoff will be worth it. Get advice from experts and learn about all the different real estate marketing tools by contacting us to set up a free consultation today.
LNP Media Group is committed to delivering exceptional experiences to our audiences, our customers, our vendors and our employees throughout Lancaster County and Central Pennsylvania. We provide value to our marketing and advertising partners by building effective and innovative solutions and by delivering exemplary customer experiences.
LNP Media Group is a division of Steinman Communications, one of the largest and most experienced communications companies in the Mid-Atlantic. Steinman Communications is an innovative, multi-channel communications company that delivers high quality news, information and entertainment to diverse audiences.