Pets are important to their humans; they are another member of the family. Whether it be for grooming services, veterinarian services, toys, apparel, boarding, etc., pet owners shell out quite a bit of money on their pets. Pet retailers have been finding new, inventive ways to engage consumers with their brands when it comes to pets’ needs. These digital marketing strategies are just a few of the ways brands are getting their message out there to reach pet owners.
Typically, when pet owners have a question about caring for their pet, they’ll use online search to find answers:
- Appearing in search results can enable you to bring web traffic to your brand’s site through content marketing. Content marketing gives brands the opportunity to create and share pertinent information through articles, blogs, or downloadable reports, that are designed to target a specific consumer segment.
- Content marketing is an important and effective marketing strategy because it provides answers to the questions consumers are interesting in knowing. Informative content will help the pet retailer become a trusted source to consumers, promoting brand awareness while increasing traffic to pet retailers’ websites.
Email marketing is one of the easiest and most effective digital marketing tactics for building brand awareness and increasing leads:
- The best thing about email is that when it’s sent to the recipient, they’ll open it on their own time when they know it’s convenient for them to read.
- Email marketing comes in a variety of types: newsletters, promotional campaigns, invitations, survey emails, etc.
- Email can help you build relationships with customers by sending emails that include behind the scenes stories, frequently asked questions, information about your staff, local pet news, and rewards for loyal customers.
Whether you’re a dog groomer, dog walker, pet store owner, or veterinarian, you’re most likely competing with some big brands for customers’ attention. Email marketing can help you build a bond with your customers that will position you as an authority on pets in your area. This will help you get to know your customers on a personal level, setting you apart from the competition.
Events are a great way to connect with customers and build your brand. Being face-to-face with your target audience will help you develop a more personal relationship with potential customers, as you have more of a chance to interact with them. Pet owners will be most responsive to events that they can bring their pets to. This could include events at the dog park, pet-friendly restaurants, bars or cafés.
SEO Friendly Website
The quality of your website is critical because you really only have a few seconds to capture the interest of visitors when they land on your page:
- A good website has what it takes to reach, engage, and support your visitors.
- A few critical components your website should have in order to reach pet owners include engaging images that tell your story, a clear navigation throughout the website, calls-to-action that will entice the visitor click, and an SEO strategy to support the website.
Customers turn to Facebook for a wide variety of information, including pet retail locations, new products, tips for their pets, coupons, or even events. Facebook is the best social media platform for pet retailers to be on. With Facebook’s particularly targeted and effective Ads platform, it’s a guaranteed way to reach the pet owners:
- According to The American Pet Products Association, it is estimated that approximately 37 to 47 percent of all households in the U.S. have a dog, and that 30 to 37 percent have a cat. With 90 percent of young adults ranging in ages 18 to 29 and 65 percent of adults overall on social media, there’s potential for a large amount of leads for pet retailers.
- Using Facebook’s analytics, you’ll be able to see what types of posts have the biggest impact on your audience and when most of your page’s fans are online. This information will help you craft content for the utmost impact.
If you are a pet retailer looking for more marketing ideas, contact us. We’ll help you develop a plan that’ll reach pet owners.