Today’s world is more digitally interconnected than ever before. With all of the different types of media available, the challenge for marketers has become how to best reach consumers and deliver a message that has impact. One of the most effective ways to do that is to incorporate a distinct message at the right time to target specific consumers; this can be achieved with precision through digital media. Here are a few types of digital ad targeting that can improve your marketing results.
Geofencing refers to the use of a targeted location, or fence, where prospective customers are found. Our geofencing software tags consumers who enter the geofence, so that they can be served ads on their location-enabled mobile devices. Ads can be served the same day the person enters the fenced area, or may be served later depending on your business’s needs. Fences can be as large or small as your business requires, down to a 400 meter radius.
- First, you’ll need to identify a location you wish to target, whether it is a city or town, an event, a building, or even a parking lot.
- When consumers enter the predetermined location, their mobile devices are tagged.
- Your business’s specific ad or ads are then delivered to apps and websites being accessed on mobile devices.
- This allows for ads to be targeted by time and place, giving businesses the ability to access very specific groups of consumers that might otherwise not be targetable.
- Popular geo-fencing locations are sporting events, college campuses, shopping centers, conventions, concerts, and parts of cities.
Have you ever noticed that some ads seem to relate to your interests? This is the work of targeted display advertising:
- Targeted display advertising includes the use of demographics, interests, and approximate location to display specific ads to consumers that match their interests and needs.
- Digital agencies can target specific ads to consumers as they navigate the internet. Along with location, this allows companies to reach people in specific demographics, such as higher income adults who are interested in sports.
- This strategy works well to create brand awareness or to advertise sales or events.
Paid search advertising, or pay-per-click (PPC), refers to an advertising pricing model in which advertisers pay based on how many users click on a digital ad that appears on a search results page:
- This is the fastest and surest way to drive web traffic to your website and generate leads.
- Ads are only showed to consumers who are using relevant search terms when using search engines, such as Google.
- Terms are selected by the advertiser, in consultation with your digital agency, which means you have control over what products and services you promote.
- Advertisers pay per click, rather than per impression, ensuring that ad costs are low and impact is high.
- An effective PPC technique is to buy search terms such as “near me”, allowing advertisers to put their brands in front of consumers who are ready to buy.
Find the Right Technique for Your Business
These techniques are just the beginning of how you can use digital marketing to reach exactly the right customers at the right time and place. At LNP Media Group, we’re happy to help you plan the most effective ways to meet your digital marketing goals. We offer free consultations for you to discuss how to best advertise for your business. Contact us today and let us know how we can help with your next marketing campaign.