With so many businesses focusing their attention on marketing to Millennials, it’s easy to forget about an even bigger market – baby boomers and senior citizens. Lancaster County has one of the most vibrant 50+ populations in Pennsylvania and was recently ranked one of the top places to retire in the USA. And as Lancaster’s 50+ demographic continues to grow, more and more businesses want targeted ways to communicate with this lucrative market.
We created the LNP Senior Living Report to offer a hyper-targeted ad format for your business and services. Published once a season, the LNP Senior Living Report reaches thousands of 50+ readers who love to read the local stories and related content.
Why focus on the 50+ demographic?
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that by 2050, there will be 83.7 million people aged 65 and older
- On average, seniors are the most affluent demographic of American society, having five times the net worth of the average American
Whether you’re marketing homes and apartments, restaurants, events, financial services, health and wellness, beauty or specialized care, LNP Media Group has the right media to reach your audience.
We created this special report with senior consumers in mind. Want best practices for marketing to seniors? Here are a few things to remember:
Emphasize good service:
- Senior consumers look for value but are often willing to pay more if they know they will get good service, as many prioritize top-notch service.
- Senior consumers appreciate companies that make a point of looking after their customers. Create special promotions and offers, such as buy one get one free deal, special gifts on their birthday, senior citizen sale days, or free deliveries to create campaigns that make them feel special and valued.
Pay attention to what the consumer wants:
- Make sure to connect with your senior consumers by recognizing their activities and lifestyle.
- LNP created its Senior Living Report to specifically help advertisers connect with this sought-after demographic. Your ad becomes part of the experience, showing that your business personally cares about and supports seniors’ lifestyles.
Give seniors a reason to trust you:
- The 50+ consumers in Lancaster County might be hesitant to try new brands and new services. Can you offer a money back guarantee? Do you have testimonials from other pleased customers? If so, put these front-and-center in your ad campaign.
- As an article from Entrepreneur summarizes, when connecting with new customers, it’s important to establish trust from the beginning
- When your business advertises in LNP, you start building trust right away by choosing a local business that is established, respected, and trusted.
Don’t overlook Lancaster County’s 50+ community
The LNP Senior Living Report allows you reach seniors more effectively and efficiently than ever. This report is published as a full-size section in LNP four times a year, once per season. When you advertise in LNP’s Senior Living Report, you have a list of extras to choose from, including:
- Lower rates when you advertise in both reports.
- Option to add LancasterOnline ads at a discounted rate.
- Options for discounted listings and premium listings in LancasterOnline’s Directory of Senior Living Facilities.
Contact our team today if you think your business could benefit from accessing a larger share of Lancaster County’s 50+ community.